2006-04-03

American River 50 miler


I spent this past Saturday with my good friend Rick crewing and pacing another good friend from Portland Olga. Olga and I go way back to the 2004 Bridger Ridge Run and I was happy to get up at 3:30am to get to the start with her and Rick to begin our 9 hour support crew stint...okay, well, happy may be pushing it. Let's just say - anything for Olga! I crewed and paced her at the 2005 Miwok 100 and, although that was a good time (great race and fun to pace Olga), this was way more fun! Mainly because Rick was there and we basically laughed the whole day. Olga did great...kept her fueling in check, kept her pace where it should be and in the last 20 miles was passing people like they were standing still. She finished in just under 8:58, took 10th female overall and 4th in her AG. The best part....she was smiling and having a fun race all the way to the end (it was a rocky start, but she finished in great spirits). If you want to read the whole report, check it out at http://runmoretalkless.blogspot.com/2006/04/day-in-heaven-well-some-hell-but-who.html . Olga is much better at race reports than me. Or Rick's version at http://365ultra.blogspot.com/

6 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger olga said...

Take some writing lessons:)
Thanks, Jas, what would I do without you, guys?

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger rick said...

It was a fun fun time. Love the jokes, especially the mean ones.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger jas said...

I only joke like that with poeple I really care about....hmmm, and mostly during athletic events. Maybe I should look into that.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» »

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home